Saturday, March 3, 2007

Cute Kid Photos

I read many photography sites and blogs and listen/watch photography portfolio critiques by professional photographers. The message from photojournalists and editors is that cute kid shots are BORING. "Oh great another cute kid shot". They work in the newspaper because readers still like to see them but the more jaded folk - photographers and editors have seen one too many of little Johnny with food all over his face or Rebecca hugging her kitten. Oh yea - throw animals into the mix and many photographers will just fall backwards and plead for someone to save them. I, for one, still like the cute kid photos. I am only 2 1/2 years into the newspaper business so maybe I too will someday roll my eyes at photos like the one below. For now though, they bring a smile to my face.


No comments: