Wednesday, March 7, 2007

What *are* you doing?

I had one assignment today. Sad. This slow period would be a really good time to work on projects or just find "wild art", "enterprise art", "freestanding art". These phrases are just another way of saying shoot pretty and/or interesting photos that can carry themselves and take up space in the paper. Well, I didn't do that today - instead I shot a couple of backgrounds, well, one background at two different zoom lengths. I am starting to gather photos such as these for future art pieces - for myself. They may become part of my paintings or perhaps I will start playing with double exposures in Photoshop. Anyway - the whole point of this post is this... After my one assignment, shooting a conflict resolution meeting at a local high school, I saw a cool looking wall that could make for a great background. I got really close to it and took a few shots. Seconds later a teacher came out of his classroom and said to me "my kids really want to know what you are doing." Ah yea - I probably do look really ridiculous standing 12 inches from a plain wall taking photos - especially to a room full of high schoolers. I told him exactly what I was doing. I can only guess he took that information and shared it with his student's.

No comments: