Wednesday, May 2, 2007

I (heart) Sports

I had a realization on the job today. I love shooting sports and I miss it. That is how I got started in this business. I combined my love for sports with my passion for photography and started my own sports photography business. Later, I decided to go for something that would provide a consistent paycheck. Hence the newspaper job.
One of our staff photogs has 40 some years seniority over me and his passion is sports so he gets almost all of the assignments relating to sports. Can't argue with that one. But I can spend more of my own time out there shooting what I love most.
This photo will run with a story about the Watsonville High School varsity baseball team doing everything they can to get to the playoffs for the first time since 1991.

2 comments:

Tokyo Biker Mommy said...

This article made me laugh and it ties in beautifully to your post on sports.
http://tinyurl.com/29adqw

Here's some recent pics of the terrorist we call Our Son.
http://tinyurl.com/yrnw9w

I hope you are well, and i do check you blog. :)

Sara

Kate said...

That story is frightening. It is a sad day when one has to wear special clothing to block invasive photographers.