Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Smile for the Camera

A reporter and I visited a Shetland pony ranch in Moss Landing on Tuesday. The story is a preview of a Shetland and Miniature pony show in Watsonville this weekend.
One of the ponies and I instantly befriended one another. We were loving each other and working through the trust thing so much that the owner said to me - "He's for sale, you know." Yea, we were buds. Since I was there to shoot photos of the ranch, not to make life-long friends with a miniature-sized horse, I had to carry on with my business. I was shooting away while my new buddy stood by my side. He was nudging me and scoping out all of my gear. Then "OUCH!" I heard a scream - oh - that was me - "He bit me" I declared. And so he did - on my arm - it hurt. I don't usually scream - it just isn't part of me - but that was a scream. It startled me. Maybe more than the bite. I forgave him fairly quickly as I assured myself and the others he did it because he was feeling ignored. Not that biting someone else
when you need attention is ok, but for that brief friendship, I let it slide.
The photo below is one of the other ponies - smiling for the camera... I think.




No comments: