Friday, September 14, 2007

Shadows

The title of this post reminds me of the John Prine song called "Lake Marie". He asks in the song "...you know what blood looks like in a black and white video? Shadows. Shadows!"
This photo has nothing to do with blood, thank goodness, but it is all about shadows cast on my hallway wall this morning. The sun was dancing on the leaves of a potted palm which left beautiful shapes and lines swirling along the empty canvas. The wall is red, well more like brick, which I think detracted from the light and dark so I converted the photo to black and white to make more of an impression. Though I think more shadows in the lower right corner of the photo would make the image too busy, I don't like the empty space.
If you have time have a listen to the John Prine song I mentioned above. (the song is large in terms of file size and this is my first time experimenting with posting music on my blog so my apologies if it causes problems.)




No comments: