Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Truck Fire

I am going to try to post some sort of creative effort as frequently as possible. I doubt it will be more than once a day though.
My coworker (a reporter) and I were returning from lunch at our favorite diner when we heard a call on the scanner for a truck fire threatening a structure. We jetted to the location, about a two mile drive through city traffic, trying to beat the firefighters and their hoses. We saw the black smoke flooding the sky and though we tried every trick in the book we didn't make it in time to get the flames shot. This photo was my favorite but not one I submitted to the copy desk because, well, there is no human emotion.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is such a cool photo. I love the contrast with the empty red fire retardent can on the ground.